Monday, May 16, 2011

A Smile At Rest

Flashbacks from that day in fourth grade kept coming to my mind. I could still remember that moment when he came into class quietly with a smile on his face, but he didn’t want to stay in our class. His friends were in a different class, so he asked if he could move to the same class and in a few days he had moved. After that, there wasn’t much contact between us. 
The years passed on till we reached the end of eighth grade. It was our last studying day, but it didn’t come to any use though. The whole day went to waste as we played water fight and ran around the school with everyone till the end of the school day. The driver was late picking me up on that day, so I was crazily running around, and there he sat watching my friends and I lose our minds! He was laughing at us, as if we were some sort of entertainment to him. 
Summer days passed by and then came a new year. NINTH GRADE! Unfortunately I had found out that he wasn’t in the same school anymore. Who knew that he was transferring to another school?! It was sad that fate hadn’t brought us together that year. 
Tenth Grade! Alas! We meet again! Your smile took me away as I saw you pass right next to me at the mall. I couldn’t help but sneak around without you seeing me just to see that smile of yours. That’s how it went. Weekend after the other, again and again! You would always lighten up the place as you walked the mall corridors with that charming smile. It's bad that you hadn’t realized that I was head over heels for you, but what is there to do?! It's not like I can just walk up to you and say "Hey dude! I've got a huge crush on you!" and act like it's all normal. 
The years passed by as I secretly crushed on you, but the thing that's even worse is that I ran into you less often. There was this one day where we saw each other at the city fair, and I was giving out flyers for my friends' shop. I ran with the flyers as soon as I knew you were there! I, with all purpose, went up to you and handed you a flyer as I directed you towards the shop. My heart skipped a few beats as I built up the courage to do that!   
As time passed by, the "less often" turned into an "occasionally" which meant that I would bump into you around 5 times in a year!! That was really a turn down! 
Then in my senior year, a day came where I heard that you were in a terrible accident. I was very worried. I asked almost everyone who knew the both of us about what had happened and was truly devastated to find out such a thing! 
My nights were restless! I just wanted to hear that you're fine.. A few days later I heard that you had passed away. It was literally everywhere! No matter how much I tried to run away from facing it, it kept coming back at me! 
I was out with my friends when I found out, and I couldn’t do anything but cry! It's true that we hadn’t known each other much, but my feelings were still there. I tried to forget about it and have fun with my friends, and I did have fun, but didn’t forget.. It's just hard to believe that you're really gone & won't be coming back at all! 
I wished that it were all a bad dream that I could wake up from, but it wasn’t. It was reality. You've been gone for so long, but this is fate & it cannot be changed. All I can ask for is for God to rest your soul in peace, and fulfill your after life with joy in the heavens above.

 ................................................................................

Based on a true story =)

Hope you like it.. Please leave your comments!

1 comment:

  1. Very nicely written.
    allah yr7amah .. i know how you feel *HUGS*

    by time everything will be ok, i promise.

    ReplyDelete